Subject: getWebCGMViewerVersion

I took an action at the last telecon for making a proposal on defining
a method for identifying the current plugin. So here it is... I think
we have two options, 1 method or 2 methods:

Proposal A:
string getWebCGMViewerVersion()
 returns a string identifying the User Agent being used (ex: Lofton's
 viewer; 1.0)

pros: one call.
cons: no real control on string content.

Proposal B:

string getAppName()
  returns the application name (ex: Lofton's viewer).

number getAppVersion()
  returns the application version number (ex: 1.0)

pros: spec is clear on expected return values.
cons: two calls instead of one.

Thoughts?

--
 Benoit                 mailto:benoit@itedo.com