Subject: RE: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] Style properties

At 12:52 PM 5/17/2005 -0700, Cruikshank, David W wrote:
>[...]
>Just a clarification on the graphical primitive attribute elements.  They
>are typically allowed only only in Picture Open state (between BegPicBody
>and EndPicture) ,includeing minor open states within the picture, or the
>Metafile Defaults Replacement state.  There is a state table in the CGM
>Standard ~page 108 that specifies where all the elements are allowed.  I
>think most of these primitive attribute elements also have default values,
>related to the Max VDC Extent, which are defined in one of the annexes or
>something.

Dave is being more precise than I  -- technically, I erred when I said,
"...where LINE WIDTH elements can occur (anywhere in the Picture Body
outside of APS, or in an APS body within APS)".  There are some other
details about minor states, as Dave said.  The CGM State Table is the
definitive, detailed, unambiguous source for the CGM standard (and the
WebCGM profile).