Subject: Empty string or null

Hi Ulrich,

  In the test you have submitted, we noticed that
  node-aps.htm, line 22: if( apsNode.nodeValue == "" )
  and node-pict.htm, line 21: if( cgmPic.nodeValue == null )

  In one case you are comparing with empty string and in the other
  with null. That seems a bit odd.

  I'm a bit puzzle by the null keyword in the DOM specification and
  what it implies in ECMAScript, (i.e., what does it map to?), what's
  your opinion? (Others can comment as well)... For interoperability
  concerns, it would be wise to have our implementation have the same
  mapping. Lofton, I recall you had some comments on this a while back
  (something to do with undefined)...

  Assuming your implementation passes both those tests... is your
  implementation returning BSTRs for both calls or is one of them
  returning some other data type (say a VARIANT)?

  Cheers,

--
 Benoit                 mailto:benoit@itedo.com