Subject: RE: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] Initial values, % sub-issue [was: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] Style properties]

I was responding to the statement that zero width lines resulted in no stroke.  This is clearly covered by the guidelines in Annex D.  As is the zero character height:

D.4.6.9   CHARACTER HEIGHT
The next available value smaller than or equal to the specified value is selected.  If no such value is available, the next larger value is selected.  If a zero height is specified in the metafile, it is recommended that interpreters select the minimum available height for affected primitives.

O% is a whole other question.

thx...Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Dieter Weidenbrück [mailto:dieter@itedo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 4:00 PM
To: Cruikshank, David W; Benoit Bezaire;
cgmo-webcgm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] Initial values, % sub-issue [was:
Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] Style properties]

Dave,

This is what I referred to when I said "it is impossible" to have 0 width.
A thin line will always be drawn, which is a heritage that I would
rather see being removed.

So 0% of
- any color results in white,
- of text-height results in ...?
- of line-weight results in a thin line

We should agree on a result that is understandable for a user, if possible.
The thin line is difficult to accept unless you know CGM inside out. You
wouldn't
believe how many support cases we have had because of that thin line.

> On the Text issue, I remember a proposal the Text Height be
> removed because of the issue with RT boxes, etc.  I see no reason
> why Text Colour should be affected.  Is Text Font in our
> requjirements document?
I can't recall text height or font being removed, and I still think
they are useful.

Cheers,
Dieter