Subject: RE: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] getWebCGMViewerVersion

I vote B

Franck DULUC

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Cruikshank, David W [mailto:david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 25 mai 2005 22:53
À : Benoit Bezaire; cgmo-webcgm@lists.oasis-open.org
Objet : RE: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] getWebCGMViewerVersion

Dave votes for B

thx...Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Benoit Bezaire [mailto:benoit@itedo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 12:50 PM
To: cgmo-webcgm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] getWebCGMViewerVersion

Taking into account the feedback from Stuart (should return a string
instead of number)... I now think we should concatenate the two calls
into one, returning a single string. Why have two calls returning
individual strings? Any way, I've updated proposal B, why not just
vote on it so that we can move on to other issues:

Proposal A:
string getWebCGMViewerVersion()
  returns a string identifying the User Agent being used (ex: Lofton's
  viewer v3.2.2)

Proposal B:
string getAppName()
  returns the application name (ex: Lofton's viewer).

string getAppVersion()
  returns the application version number (ex: 3.2.2)

Benoit: votes for A.
Stuart: votes for B.
Others: ?

Monday, May 16, 2005, 6:25:02 PM, Stuart wrote:

GSA> I would lean slightly to option B because I feel that an application
GSA> may be more concerned with the viewer name than the version.  My
GSA> only concern is do we want to restrict the version to a "number".
GSA> It is important to be able to be able to sort the versions.  But
GSA> what about minor version rolls 3.2 .vs. 3.2.2?

GSA> --
GSA> Stuart Galt
GSA> SGML Resource Group
GSA> stuart.a.galt@boeing.com
GSA> (206) 544-9925

This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain
privileged information. If you are not the addressee you must not copy,
distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it. If you have
received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Security Notice: all e-mail, sent to or from this address, may be
accessed by someone other than the recipient, for system management and
security reasons. This access is controlled under Regulation of
Investigatory Powers Act 2000, Lawful Business Practises.