Subject: Review of chapter 4

Hello,

I have looked at chapter 4 and the only comment I have has to do with
4.1 (last paragraph)

	The structure of the XML companion file is mostly flat.
	Since it is not the intent of the WebCGM companion file to
	be a detailed XML representation of a CGM document, there is
	no need to force the hierarchy of the CGM file to be expressed
	in the XML companion file. In fact, the WebCGM 2.0 DTD prevents
	users from doing so. However, it is mandatory to place metadata
	elements in a companion file according to the hierarchical
	structure of the CGM file.

It seemed a bit weird to me that the structure is "mostly flat" but
must have the same heirarchy as the CGM file.  Is this testable or
enforcable in any way?  Or is the user 100% responsible for knowing
the CGM heirarchy and ensuring the XCF file is in sync?

Stuart.

--
Stuart Galt
SGML Resource Group