Subject: namespace convention

Mary,

I just wanted to confirm the result of our discussions.  I think there may be some confusion on this issue.

There are 2 potential locations to be addressed:

1)  url reference for the namespace declaration in our XML DTD - This one is just a url defining the domain for the namespace.  It doesn't necessarily even have to resolve, but we might want to put a generic page in place to explain that it is the namespace domain for WebCGM.  I don't think this one should be version dependent. It's just declaring the domain space.

2) url reference to the location of XML DTD's or Schemas that resolve to the actual parsing instructions for an instance.  This one needs to be resolvable and points to the actual DTD or Schema file.  It may be version dependent if the DTD changes versions.

Can you clarify any OASIS conventions for each of these.

thx...Dave Cruikshank

Technical Fellow - Graphics/Digital Data Interchange
Boeing Commercial Airplane
206.544.8876, fax 206.544.9590
david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com