Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] Re: namespace convention

Hi Lofton,

  I'm telling you what's in the most recent version of the now-called
AIR (Artifact Identification Requirements). This document will be
submitted for member review within a week or two (really, I promise)
and you can state your case at that point in time for something other
than what I've quoted. The issue is that we need to have something
that works for all TCs. Some TCs *want* their namespaces to be
resolvable; others don't particularly care. As you state below, the
svg namespace does resolve to something, whether it's the actual
schema or not. We need to make sure that the location you use *could*
resolve to something, and to also make sure that it won't resolve to
something completely unexpected. http://docs.oasis-open.org/webcgm
will most likely resolve to something - a page that will list all of
the files/versions of webcgm.

The domain name to be used is either docs.oasis-open.org OR
cgmopen.org (since it's owned by OASIS).

Spec-id is the official short-name of the specification itself: webcgm

schema is required

schema-filename is the actual name of the schema file (whether it
resolves or not)

So, valid namespaces would be:
docs.oasis-open.org/webcgm/schema/XCFschema
cgmopen.org/webcgm/schema/mySchema
docs.oasis-open.org/webcgm/schema/WhateverNameYouLike

Regards,

Mary