Subject: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] ISSUE: does the 'highlight' object behavior revert to full-picture view?

Hi,

  I agree that the "_replace" wording should be reviewed. What's
  needed to resolve this issue? BTW, I don't see replace as being the
  same thing as reloading.

  As we all know... all Web browsers cache as much information as
  possible. In HTML, linking from a Table Of Content to a specific
  chapter doesn't reload the entire HTML, browsers optimize for the
  case where the starting resource and ending resource are the same.

  In SVG... you can link to 'view' elements, user agents don't reload
  the entire SVG file when such an operation happens.

  Would this wording be more appropriate, "_replace":
  "The viewer shall display the designated CGM picture in the same
  rectangular area in the same frame as the picture which refers to
  this target. If the ending resource is the same as the linking
  resource, the viewer does not reload the resource."

  Is that breaking existing content? I don't think so.