Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] Action Item: PROPOSAL: setStyleProperty - text-font

I'm uncomfortable with one aspect of this proposal:  two different applications processing the same WebCGM 2.0 content could mysteriously get very different results.  This is not supposed to happen in WebCGM.  For example, let's suppose this link occurs in a HTML + WebCGM parts list application:

and the XCF contains:
<webcgm ... text-font="Lofton_Calligraphic" >

I know that it is not part of Dieter's design intent, but this in fact provides a loophole to completely evade the tight text restrictions and highly predictable graphical text results of WebCGM 1.0.

I am not yet convinced that this is a wise thing to do.

-Lofton.