Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] ISSUE: is apsid an attribute?

Expressing my own (mild) preference...

I guess I'd prefer that apsid is *not* included in the 'attributes' of the
WebCGMNode interface of DOM.  Reasons:

-- myAps.apsId already gives quick and immediate access to the
apsid.  ('apsId' is the attribute on the WebCGMAppStructure interface).

-- if we take the interpretation that apsid is *not* one of the attributes,
myAps.hasAttributes() would return false unless there are **APS
Attributes** (in the metafile sense) in the given target APS.  Otherwise it
would always return true, and you would have to look at
myAps.attributes.count to see if there are any APS Attributes -- if we were
to take the interpretation that apsid is one of the 'attributes', then
count is always at least 1, and you'd have to check for >1 to determine if
there are any APS Attributes.

I'm having trouble thinking of any *strong* arguments one way or the
other.  Does anyone see any strong arguments for having apsid be one of the
'attributes' of the WebCGMNode interface?

Cheers,
-Lofton.