Subject: A Fall meeting?

Sorry some of you will be getting two copies of this message.

First, an update on ATA.  The eBusiness Steering Committee met in June and discuss the new organization structure.  The good news is that the Graphics Working Group still exists and Brad Ballance will be sending out a call for participation in the next few weeks.  I'll forward it to these groups when it comes in, so you may end up with two copies of that, too.

In the meantime, I'm trying to schedule a fall meetings of the ATA GWG and a face-to-face meeting of the CGM Open WebCGM TC.  It would be good if I could schedule these two meeting during the same week, in the same area, since there are quite of few CGM Open members that often try to attend the GWG meeting, too.  I was thinking about 2 days of CGM Open and 3 days of GWG, or vice versa, whatever.  The two groups don't need to meet in the same venue, necessarily.  As an example the GWG could be hosted in a facility and CGM Open could meeting in a hotel conference room or something.  The meeting should be in North America, since both groups had their last meeting in Europe.

It doesn't appear that we can attach this meeting to the Fall ATA Forum in Garden Grove, CA because I will be occupied at other meetings that week.

Do I have any volunteers who might be able to welcome all of us to their city?  I could probably do Seattle, if desired.

My other problem in schedule.  My schedule looks like:
Early September sometime - "potential" Civil Aviation Working Group Technical Subgroup meeting in Europe (S1000D/ATA collaboration)
September (or October) sometime  - a week's vacation to visit my son in New York city
October 6-11 - S1000D User Forum and EPWG meeting - Munich
October 17-21 - CAWG and ATA Forum - Garden Grove, CA

My vacation plans are flexible and can move around, so I'm asking you if anyone has a preferences (those with offers to host get more consideration).

GWG agenda would cover review of ATA profile of WebCGM 2.0, finalization of wording for use of color, and continued work on multimedia and 3D.

Meeting minutes and action items from the March meeting in work and on the way.

thx..Dave Cruikshank

Technical Fellow - Graphics/Digital Data Interchange
Boeing Commercial Airplane
206.544.8876, fax 206.544.9590
david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com