Subject: ISSUE: Delete/deprecate 0,1 compression type in Tile element

Currently the WebCGM 2.0 PPF says:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Element is: Required No; Permitted Yes; Prohibited No;

List allowable compression types: 2, 5, 6, 7, or 9

Requirements on row padding: None.

Other: The value 9 is the ISO registered value for compression method 0 of PNG. The values 0, 1, 2 are deprecated and may be removed from a future version of WebCGM.

Note that is says the the values 0, 1, 2 are deprecated, but they are deleted from the list of allowable compression types.  The decision to delete 0 and 1 and deprecate 2 and 6 was made in Houston.  Compression type 6 was reinstated in Munich.  The question is have 0 and 1 been deleted or deprecated?  What is currently in the PPF is wrong and we either have to say 0 and 1 are deleted and 2 is deprecated or we leave the wording in "Other" and add 0 and 1 back into the list.

Comments?

thx...Dave

Technical Fellow - Graphics/Digital Data Interchange
Boeing Commercial Airplane
206.544.8876, fax 206.544.9590
david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com