Subject: Comments on latest changes

Hi Lofton,

Here are comments regarding some of the new wording you added.

5.5 Basic Data Types
i) "... For Java and ECMAScript, WebCGMString is bound to the String
type because both languages also use UTF-16 as their encoding.The
WebCGM DOM has many interfaces that imply string matching. For XML,
string comparisons are case-sensitive and performed with a binary
comparison of the 16-bit units of the WebCGMStrings."

I would only say "For ECMAScript, ...", don't mention Java script, it
is not a standard. I wouldn't get into the XML string comparison
either, that belongs to the XML spec, it's not for us to define.

ii) You can remove "Within the SVG DOM, a <number> is represented as a
float or an SVGAnimatedNumber.", I don't think we'll need that :)

5.7.3 Interface WebCGMMetafile

i) 'src' needs an example to make sure that URI are for example:
http://example.org/sample.cgm#myId
and not:
'http://example.org/sample.cgm#myId' 'my title' '_new'
It has to be a URI, not a linkuri encoded as a delimited string.

That's it for now...

--
 Benoit                 mailto:benoit@itedo.com