Subject: QUESTION: XCF 'version' and derived profiles

WebCGM TC --

We discussed this once in the past, but I can't find a detailed record.  It is about the 'version' attribute on the XCF 'webcgm' element.  This is the current text:

version="CDATA"
Represents the version of the WebCGM specification. The value is 2.0 for this specification. Every conforming XCF must identify its version, either by including this attribute on the webcgm element, or by including a DOCTYPE pointing to this WebCGM XCF's DTD, or both (recommended). An industry-specific profile derived from this WebCGM XCF specification must not use this attribute to identify its version, and should define and require use of a namespace attribute to identify its profile version.

QUESTION:  What do we mean for inclusion of version attributes in industry-specific profiles:

1.) Only use the namespaced version?
<webcgm asd:version="2.3" xmlns:asd="http://...blah..." ...>

or

2.) Use both?
<webcgm version="2.0" asd:version="2.3" xmlns:asd="http://...blah..." ...>
(or)
<webcgm version="2.0" asd:s1000d-version="2.3" xmlns:asd="http://...blah..." ...>

I think #2 is what we meant and makes the most sense.  I.e., S1000D derives its 2.3 profile from WebCGM 2.0, and follows all the proper rules, so that it is still a conforming and valid 2.0 XCF (plus extensions).  So it identifies the base WebCGM version, and the S1000D-specific version.

Agreed?

(I will add an example to clarify what we mean.)