Subject: Model Profile version in Chapter 6?

Lofton,

I have an open action item to generate some test cases with NUBS for the
test suite.  In preparation for doing so, I went to sections T.19.24 and
T.19.25 of the WebCGM PPF to review the requirements.  Both sections state
"Same as Model Profile: Yes", however, the Model Profile half of each
section is incorrect.  The Model Profile requires clamped splines which
means that the first four knots must be identical and the last four knots
must be identical.  This requirement is not listed in the WebCGM 2.0 draft
PPF.  Section 6.1 does say, "In case of discrepancies, the Model Profile in
ISO/IEC 8632:1999 shall take precedence." however, I suspect most people
won't take the time to cross check with the Model Profile.

I have a vague recollection that an earlier version of the Model Profile did
not require clamped splines which leads me to wonder, are we listing the
latest Model Profile in Chapter 6?  I'll try and review more of the PPF to
see if there are other inaccuracies.

Regards,

Rob