Subject: QUESTION: what if picseqno is not 1?

Ref:  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200509/msg00093.html
Comments:  21
==========

Not a big issue, but it's undefined and there are a couple of possible ways
to go with it...

QUESTION:  what if picseqno in a WebCGM fragment is greater than 1?

DISCUSSION:  For 'pictseqno' in 3.1.2.1, Dieter suggests to append,
"If the metafile does not contain a picture with the specified picture
sequence number, the first (and only) picture in the metafile is chosen."

This is borrowed directly from the similar wording for 'pictid'.  There are
a couple of things about it that bother me.  Firstly, in a WebCGM instance,
more than one picture is an error and that restriction ("1") is hardwired
into the EBNF for pictseqno.  So ... why are we defining a fallback for a
hard error condition in the fragment?  (We typically don't do that, do we?)

One might reply, "...guidance for multi-picture cascaded profiles".  But
WebCGM 1.0 said this, for pictseqno, "If pictseqno exceeds the number of
pictures in the metafile, the last picture is displayed."

RECOMMENDATION:  none.

Thoughts?