Subject: ISSUE: picture behaviors, html frame target behaviors etc.

Ref:  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200509/msg00093.html
Comments:  42
==========

DISCUSSION:
Dieter writes, about the use of the term "picture behavior" in 3.2.2.3,
"we should go away from the term "picture behavior". Also, if the target is
non-CGM, there is no "picture" at all."

As we discussed at the last telecon, 3.1.2.2 (linked from 3.2.2.3)
attempted to unify CGM picture behavior and HTML target frame behavior
under the single term "picture behavior", and to normatively enumerate the
specific behaviors depending on which content type was the target.

I think we agreed it would be too disruptive (and possibly non-editorial)
to separate the concepts completely.  And we assigned an AI to study
whether there were any *substantive* inaccuracies.  And to propose
incremental editorial improvements to help keep the inclusive meaning of
picture behavior clear.  (E.g., let's beef up the glossary definition to be
more clearly inclusive, and link every occurrence directly to the glossary
definition, especially those occurrences that are remote from the central
discussion in 3.1.2.2.)

RECOMMENDATION:  defer until the AI is completed, that examines whether
there are any *substantive* problems.