Subject: ISSUE: prohibit picBehavior on fragment of linkuri's URI parameter?

Ref:  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200509/msg00093.html
Comments:  44
==========

ISSUE:  prohibit picBehavior on fragment of linkuri's URI parameter?

DISCUSSION:
Dieter writes, about specifications in the last paragraph of 3.2.2.3,
"2nd sentence discourages usage within fragment, 3rd sentence should hence
be changed to:"For specifying picture behavior, WebCGM 'linkuri' instances
shall use the Behavior string only.""

This is about the inclusion of picture behaviors within the fragment, in
the URI specified as the first parameter of 'linkuri'.  Some time ago,
shortly after we agreed on the definition of "deprecate" and put it into
A.2, I raised the question of whether we should really apply "deprecate",
because it meant that we would have to prohibit it in 2.0 content.  As I
recall, I recommended changing the word "deprecated" to "discouraged",
which would not prohibit the use of it.  No one commented or objected.

Making Dieter's suggested change -- "..SHALL use the Behavior [3rd] string
only -- is a normative, conformance change from 1.0 to 2.0.

As we saw from the last telecon, deprecating or obsoleting (removing) 1.0
things in 2.0 comes with a price -- you have to then consider some gnarly
backward-compatibility conformance issues.

RECOMMENDATION:  leave it as is.