Subject: Onload param test

Hello,

I was looking at the  action item for "Oload param test - start
with DOM templates"  My hope was to see if we could modify an
existing test rather than create a whole new one.  I am unable to
test this and am curious if I am testing the correct thing.

In addition, do we want to modify the existing Node-Text test or
do we want this to be be a different test?

All I did was modify the Node-Text by adding a child <param.. >
as a child of the <object> tag that loads the image  so

<object id="ivx1" type="image/cgm;Version=4;ProfileId=WebCGM"
width="480" height="360"></object>

became
<object id="ivx1" type="image/cgm;Version=4;ProfileId=WebCGM"
width="480" height="360">
  <param name="onload" value="OnloadCGM();"/>
</object>

Am I doing this correctly?

--
Stuart Galt
SGML Resource Group

onload.png

Title: Onload Test Page

Onload Test Page

Source image Reference image
Test results
Initiate Test Purpose Test Result Comments
Done on load Prerequisite for Text Node testsNA Successfully locate the metadata node that is parent of the text nodes, verify it has 3 children. See Note 1.
Done on load nodeName, nodeType, nodeValue:NA Test is looking for nodeName of '#text', nodeType of '4' and nodeValue of 'Text before anchor'.
Done on load parentNode, ownerPicture:NA .ownerPicture on first Text Node should be same object as WebCGMMetafile.firstPicture.
Done on load hasChildNodes, childNodes:NA For any Text Node, hasChildNodes() must be false and childNodes must be null/empty (which one?).
Done on load firstChild, lastChild:NA For any Text Node, firstChild and lastChild must null.
Done on load previousSibling, nextSibling:NA Test nextSibling of 1st Text Node and previousSibling of last Text Node.
Done on load hasAttributes, attributes:NA For any Text Node, hasAttributes() must be false and attributes must be null/empty (which one?).
Done on load namespaceURI, prefix, localName:NA Two different namespaces are used in this test.

Note 1. Text nodes can only be the children of metadata nodes. Therefore the first test is a "prerequisites test", to verify that the metadata node can be located and that it has the correct number of children, three. (The children are a text node, followed by a metadata node sibling, followed by another text node sibling -- this is not tested in the prerequisites test). If this prerequisites test fails, then all the remaining tests will likely fail.

onload.cgm