Subject: QUESTION. can 'layer' be descendant?

SUMMARY.  Layer can't be descendant from grobject, para, subpara, etc.  In
3.2.2.9, 'visibility', it says, "The value of 'visibility' is inherited by
any descendant objects of type 'layer' , 'grobject', 'para', and
'subpara'."  And says similarly in 3.2.2.10.  It would seem safe to remove
'layer' from the list.  But in Ch.5 (5.4) we define the picture as the root
of the inheritance tree, and the inheritance model describes going up the
tree to find the value that is then inherited down.  So 'layer' would be
descendant from Picture, which (at least) assumes initial value 'on'
according to 5.4.  (For the visibility case, it is also possible to
explicitly set it on Picture with setPictureVisibility()).

RECOMMENDATION.  I think it is okay to leave 'layer' in there, as is,
particularly since "inherited" now links to 5.4.

Okay?  (If "no", then propose a specific fix.)

-Lofton.