Subject: DOM Exceptions -- unfinished item

All --

Here is a loose end that didn't get entirely reflected in the CD2 text -- DOM exceptions.

1.) Stuart did a study, and Benoit commented on it [1]:
[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200508/msg00074.html

2.) Early September, with CD2 drop-dead looming, I asked Benoit for final editing directives. He sent a message, I compared to current Editors draft spec and found differences. We sorted out some of the differences, but not all.

3.) Attached HTML table is the current status, CD2 text versus Benoit/Stuart recommendations. Notes: 4.) Did we have a consensus, discussing [1] in telecon, that we would *not* define new exceptions for the methods that set SPs and AAs, if either the style/attribute did not exist, or if the value was invalid/out-of-range?

Title: exceptions

  1. Stuart did a study, and Benoit commented on it [1]:
    [1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200508/msg00074.html
  2. Early September, with CD2 drop-dead looming, I asked Benoit for final editing directives. He sent a message, I compared to current Editors draft spec and found differences. We sorted out some of the differences, but not all.
  3. Below is the current status, CD2 text versus Benoit's recommendations. Note:
  4. Did we have a consensus, discussing [1] in telecon, that we would *not* define new exceptions for the methods that set SPs and AAs, if either the style/attribute did not exist, or if the value was invalid/out-of-range?
exception
(defined in 5.7.1**)
used in 20051005 Editors draft BB/SG
recommendations