Subject: Question. "allowable" compression types

Ref:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/14826/WebCGM20-20051007.zip

Here is a loose end that has been kicking around for two years (since
Houston) -- deprecated compression types in BITONAL TILE and TILE.  If you
look at the current editors draft, you'll see:

>T.19.28  BITONAL TILE
>----------
>List allowable compression types: 0, 1, 2, 5, or 6.
>Requirements on row padding: None.
>Other: The values 0, 1 are deprecated and may be removed from a future
>version of WebCGM.

Green shading on 0, 1 in both places.  So apparently we intend to deprecate
those two, null background and null foreground?  Deprecate means:  cannot
appear in 2.0 content, but viewers must be prepared to handle (in 1.0 content).

Agreed, is that what we finally resolved here?

>T.19.29  TILE
>----------
>List allowable compression types: 0, 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, or 9
>Requirements on row padding: None.
>Other: The value 9 is the ISO registered value for compression method 0 of
>PNG.
>The values 0, 1, 2 are deprecated and...

0,1 is green shaded in the first line, and 0,1,2 (2=Group3) is green shaded
in the last.

So what is it that we finally resolved for TILE?

(Editorial comment -- IMO, these are all so trivial to implement that I
have trouble recalling why we decided to deprecate in the first place.)