Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] ATTN: implementors especially -- Forrest, Ulrich

Hi,

  I just want to clarify a few points...

  I don't think the discussion:
  "GetWebCGMDocument will always return the WebCGMMetafile object,
  i.e. it will return the object no matter whether a WebCGM is open in
  the viewer or not." was ever said that clearly.

  That being said, I do remember discussions concerning exceptions;
  where we couldn't figure out when an exception would be thrown for
  the getWebCGMDocument() method. So if we couldn't figure out when an
  exception would be thrown, this implies that getWebCGMDocument
  always returns a WebCGMMetafile.

  Secondly, as all the test files of the test suite demonstrate, it is
  possible to get back a WebCGMMetafile even if no CGM document is
  loaded. The test files set a new value to the .src attribute.

  Dieter is correct when claiming that the WebCGMMetafile is
  underspecified when no CGM document is loaded... what should the
  attributes set to? In my opinion they should be set to null, "" or 0
  depending on the type.