Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Errors in XCF DTD?

 Oh...and you'll also note that in the attached dtd the DOCTYPE is
commented out....need to uncomment that and the close bracket at the end
of the file.  For some reason the products didn't like the DOCTYPE
included.

Thx...Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Lofton Henderson [mailto:lofton@rockynet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 7:50 AM
To: Cruikshank, David W
Cc: cgmo-webcgm@lists.oasis-open.org

At 04:37 AM 10/25/2005 -0700, Cruikshank, David W wrote:
>[...]
>I would be interesting to know what parser Mary uses to validate.

You'll have to ask her.  I don't know.  Note that she hasn't tested our
stuff yet.  In fact, I'm unsure whether she would test it embedded in
the text.  But Ch.4 says that we're going to extract the DTD and put it
stand-alone in OASIS space.

>We've
>been running the XCF dtd through multiple (4) parsers and 2 of them
>don't like the null defintions for all the "EXT" entities, but XMLspy
>and TurboXML pass them.  Xmllint and Omnimark object to them.
>
>Also, on all the parsers we have to change the UTF-16 to UTF-8 to get
>them to accept the dtd??

I don't know about that.

Are you giving the parser a DTD of one-byte or two-byte codes?  If you
are only extracting the DTD from Ch.4 text in a typical editor, then I
suspect you are getting ISO Latin1 -- amaya "Document Information" on
Ch.4 says the CharSet is ISO-8859-1 (whose codes are also 1-byte codes
in UTF-8 encoding).

If you had an editor that would let you force the encoding, then you
could SaveAs UTF-16.

Should we change the XML declaration on the DTD to UTF-8, so that people
won't have SaveAs UTF-16 to parse?

-Lofton.