Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] The highlight() method

Benoit,

Thanks for pointing this out, and for your additional "typos" mail message.

At 10:54 AM 11/25/2005 -0500, Benoit Bezaire wrote:
>[...]
>   Itedo noticed that the highlight() method on the Picture interface
>   may be problematic.
[...]
>   Here are some options that we have:

All --

Perhaps we should clarify our TC status and modus operandi now.

Altho' days and weeks continue to pass, OASIS governance and TC admin. seem
to be creeping towards a WebCGM 2.0 Submission to W3C.  Accordingly, with
the formal approval of the Committee Spec. last week, all formal technical
work on the specification will halt within the WebCGM TC, while W3C takes
the spec through its Last Call process.  I.e., we cannot unilaterally
modify the spec.  (This all assumes that:  OASIS does indeed eventually
make the Submission; and, W3C accepts the project and starts a WG).

That does not mean that we must be idle on questions such as Benoit
raises.  Indeed, we should deal with them.  But problems such as this one
now will have to be *formally* addressed during the W3C cycle(s):  1.)
several TC members will also be WG members; 2.) the WG will operate in
"public" mode -- all of its mail archives etc are publicly readable, and
there will be a public comment list.

Dave -- I think you need to keep track of post-CS issues that come up in
the TC, such as this one.

That clarified, we should indeed discuss the problem and the options that
Benoit has enumerated (thanks Benoit).  Have at it...