Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] 5.7.10 Interface WebCGMEvent Example

At 08:45 AM 11/29/2005 -0500, Benoit Bezaire wrote:
>Hi,
>
>   Could the author of the example in section 5.7.10

I didn't originally write it, but I worked on it, and EventListener example
as well, because neither one worked as submitted to me.

>answer one
>   question:
>
>   Is var cgmDoc = new WebCGMMetafile(); valid?

No, the constructor function is not defined.  I was playing with this, as
well as with EventListener (5.7.9) example.  In the latter, you'll see "new
Object()", which is valid.  In haste, I didn't catch and fix the object
creation line in the 5.7.10 example.

>   Itedo is not convinced it is valid since IE doesn't know about
>   WebCGMMetafile objects (i.e., it is not a predefined type).

You are right.  With a custom constructor like that, the function must be
defined.

>   If other vendors are able to interpret such ecmascript, maybe they
>   can say so.

Curious that you ask the question.  One reason I didn't catch the error is
that your beta (b4 and b5) code executes both examples successfully, on my
WinXP with IE6.  (Have you subsequently changed the code so that the
invalid case fails?).  I *did* execute each example before submitting the
text for CS ballot.

Another item for the issues/errata queue.  Hmmm... Dave, do you know how we
handle errata pages in OASIS?  (It's not like W3C, where the errata page is
linked off of the cover page "Status" section with a persistent URL.  But
Mary mentioned it once and I think there is something like a convention
with a fixed location/naming construct.)