Subject: Re[4]: [cgmo-webcgm] 5.7.10 Interface WebCGMEvent Example

Hi Lofton,

Okay, well on my machine, with our latest implementation...

var cgmDoc; works
var cgmDoc = new Object(); works
var cgmDoc = new WebCGMMetafile(); does not work

The main problem in this example is Ecmascript variable scoping, which
I admit, I do not fully understand yet (need to read more about it).

I don't get how you could obtain:
"var cgmDoc = new WebCGMMetafile();"  -- worked.

Is there a fail safe somewhere that I don't see? Does IE handle that
case differently than ECMA-262, I don't know.