Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] WebCGM 2.0 DTD?

Question 1:  agreed on steps to take
Question 2:  leave it as a hyphen for now, revisit at approval time.

Thx...dave

Technical Fellow - Graphics/Digital Data Interchange
Boeing Commercial Airplane
206.544.3560, fax 206.662.3734  <-- NEW NUMBERS
david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Lofton Henderson [mailto:lofton@rockynet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 9:40 AM
To: Robert Orosz; cgmo-webcgm@lists.oasis-open.org

At 09:46 AM 12/13/2005 -0700, Robert Orosz wrote:
>Lofton,
>
>Now that CS text is finished and published, shouldn't the DTD be
>published also?

We are apparently on the same wavelength today -- I was just working on
it and was about to mail this to the TC...

QUESTION 1 (important):  The attached file is exactly as extracted from
the end of Ch.4.  What I'm going to put at the below URL is the attached
file
except:
i.) remove the first two lines
ii.) remove the last line and the "]" from the 2nd last line.
Agreed?

>It is not at the URI listed in the CS text.
>
>http://docs.oasis-open.org/webcgm/v2.0/webcgm20.dtd
>
>Validating parsers will need to load this before they parse the XCF.

QUESTION 2 (minor):  Section 4.2 contains:
a.) PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD WebCGM 2.0//EN"
b.) <!DOCTYPE webcgm PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD WebCGM 2.0//EN"
"http://docs.oasis-open.org/webcgm/v2.0/webcgm20.dtd";>

Should the hyphen (-) in the PUBLIC identifier, now be a plus (+)?
According to ERH, "If a non-ISO standards body has approved the DTD, its
name begins with a plus sign.  If no standards body has approved the
DTD, its name begins with a hyphen."  This is a small and
inconsequential detail, but does its status in OASIS warrant "approved
the DTD"?  Or would only "OASIS Standard" warrant that?