Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] 1.0 tests modified for 2.0

At 04:24 PM 2/14/2006 +0100, Dieter  Weidenbrück wrote:
> [...]

So, while I won't reargue the merits or demerits of one default behavior
over another, and I am willing to accept (tho' I consider it inferior) a
different default behavior for 2.0 viewers handling 2.0 content,
nevertheless...

I do think we are making a mistake in specifying that 2.0 viewers shall
handle 1.0 content according to the different 2.0 rules (mapping).  It is
the solution of MOST surprise rather than the solution of LEAST
surprise.  Merely by getting an upgrade from Ematek or LST or SDI to their
2.0 viewer, all of XYZ Corp's legacy 1.0 content displays differently.

What is wrong with saying that 2.0 viewers shall handle 1.0 content
according to 1.0 rules?  It continues the status quo of the last 5 years,
for both Itedo and the other viewer vendors, as well as for users with 1.0
legacy content.

Thoughts?

(...and how about some users and other vendors giving their opinions?)