Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] second NURBS test

Thanks for the careful eye, Rob...

At 10:49 AM 3/6/2006 -0700, Robert Orosz wrote:
>[...]
>I spoke a little too soon.  There are a couple of minor problems in both
>files that need to be fixed to make them valid WebCGM 2.0.
>
>Also, the value of the ColourClass substring is "Colour" and T.16.2 states
>this as the content rule for ColourClass: One of "ColourClass:monochrome" or
>"ColourClass:colour".  In other words, it should be "colour" with the lower
>case "c."

Aha, but look at the last line of T.16.2 -- it states "case
insensitive".  I stumbled on this as well, because there is a (current)
metacheck bug whereby it insists on "c" instead of "C".

>NURBS02.cgm - The Metafile Description substrings are delimited with single
>quote characters.  T.16.2 in the PPF states: The substring within the SF
>parameter shall be of the form: "keyword:item", where the double quotes are
>part of the substring.

Hmmm... this is an interesting one -- I missed it.  And "metachek -r
webcgm" did not catch it (I'll report it to Bono).  I bet it was written to
accept either QUOTE or APOSTROPHE.  The MP and WebCGM rule are the same and
unambiguous, "double quote".

>There are similar issues in NURBS02-dc.cgm as well, but these are worth
>worrying about unless it becomes an official part of the test suite.

Yes, there are several issues there.  We'll leave alone unless/until we
decide to integrate the test.