Subject: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] Issue CL-d3: 2.2.2 Drawing model

Some good and bad news...

First the good news; Escape 45 is well defined since it defines the
compositing equation: result = alpha*foreground + (1-alpha)*background.

The bad news is that I don't know how a 4 channel RGB color model (say
RGBA or sRGBA) works in combination with Escape 45. I can't find the
answer in the pointers given to me. RGBA says the following:
"Conceptually, values of the alpha transparency are real numbers
between 0.0 (fully transparent) and 1.0 (fully opaque), inclusive, and
intermediate values have meaning identical to the alpha transparency
defined in Escape 45." I dunno, it still seems vague.

My question is as follows:
Can I use the RGBA color model and also use Escape 45 in the same
WebCGM file?
- If Yes...
  - How are they combined?
    i)   multiply the two alpha values.
    ii)  A of RGBA is used.
    iii) Escape 45 is used.
- If No...
  - Who wins?
    i)  RGBA
    ii) Escape 45

Thougths?

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be protected
by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and
delete this copy from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.