Subject: RE: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] Did we miss something?

Benoît,

see below

> I'm not sure I totally understand, so let me ask a few questions if I
> may.

> yes, the 'name' attribute will be available using the DOM, ok.

> What do you mean by 'business companion files'? Are those like
> industry specific DTD companion files? Is that what you mean?
Yes, that's it.
> How do you convert from a 'business companion file' to an XCF? (if you
> can get into those details).
OK. What I below call exchange is exchange of raw data. Often raw data are not ready to use because if they were they would not be exchnage data (they need to be multi-purpose and multi-usages). The business companion files sits with the exchange data.

Before consulting this data, you need to prepare them for display. the basic thing is to apply an XSL. The advanced thing is to build index, links, full-text search and integration of different data silos. That is what we are doing with our Technology Adoc N@vigator (underlying our AirN@v product). Other candidates are for instance Jouve, enigma, .....
The conversion is therefore part of our publishing capability and this is logical as we are mastering the business rules that are needed for this. Do you think I give you enough information? If not please advise.

From Cologne meting it is clear that the XCF is not be used how the 'business companion file' is. I had a hard time to understand why (because we were the first really engaged with companion files and in the other way). But now I understgand benefits that I may have from the current works.

Regards,

Franck