Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Issue: 5.7.3 Interface WebCGMMetafile - attribute src

Lofton,

we are not far from each other, I think.

We agree that at least one para needs clarification.
We also agree that a full fragment is needed under certain circumstances.
A full fragment may or may not contain a picBehavior, there is no
distinction
between a full fragment and a "very full fragment" or such.

This all is quite simple and could easily be changed.

My additional point is this one:
For a long time we will live with mixed 1.0 and 2.0 environments. Hence we
need
to take care of all situations where this may result in uncertaincies IMO.

Example:
Assume, the following appears on an HTML page:

if myfile.cgm is a 1.0 file:
One could argue that the viewer has to replace the content of the current
HTML page
(no target specified), stay empty, create a new window, and display the cgm
there.
In reality, most viewers will simply ignore the _blank behavior.
However, it is legal.

if myfile.cgm is a 2.0 file:
_blank SHOULD NOT be there, and the viewer must ignore it.

similar mixed cases occur when specifying object behaviors for archives full
of 1.0
AND 2.0 files.

So my point is to clearly require that 2.0 viewers ignore picBehaviors where
not appropriate to facilitate working in mixed environments. This aspect was
not discussed at the time we wrote all this. It is a subtle difference,
however, it is cleaner IMO.

Regards,
Dieter