Subject: Re[3]: [cgmo-webcgm] Drawing model (take 2)

Hi Lofton,

My personal guess... It's because of the Porter-Duff paper:

Compositing Digital Images, Thomas Porter, Tom Duff, Computer Graphics
Project, Lucasfilm Ltd.

Computer Graphics Volume 18, Number 3 July 1984

That paper had a lot of influence in the computer graphics industry.
In the paper, Porter and Duff, introduce the concept of
pre-multiplied RGBA quadruple (mainly to save unnecessary
mulitiplications).

Implementations that support the Porter-Duff operators often refer to
premultiplied color values.

Yes,  Esc.45 is not premultiplied.

Note, if it were up to me, I wouldn't put any examples at all (it's
too much).

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be protected
by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and
delete this copy from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.