Subject: RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Issue CL-d5: 2.3.2 WebCGM defined group types

At 04:32 PM 5/2/2006 -0700, Cruikshank, David W wrote:
>  Confirm your agreement with Ben's assessment of this issue.

I agree with most of what Benoit says.  Exception:  "Either we have
duplicate information (that's my opinion, I think 2.3.2 is saying too much)
and/or we should like from 2.3.2 to the _real_ definition of all these
APS".   See next message about that.

Ben's answers are concise and accurate, and I think that they should answer
Chris's questions.  It occurred to me that he might follow on with "okay,
then is 'content' a bidi block?".  But as I see it, that would be a
meaningless question -- 'content' is non-graphical text, it is not text to
be rendered.

Finally, we don't need to say more unless pressed further.  But we need to
keep in mind that we purposely underspecified these things in 1.0, to
reserve our options for future standardization (search, flow text,
etc).  We thought that would happen in a 2.0, but put it aside again
(remember flow-text at Cologne?) in order to expedite completion of DOM/XCF
-- the highest priority requirements.

-Lofton.