Subject: RE: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] Issue CL-d5: 2.3.2 WebCGM defined group types

I too, favor b

Dave

Technical Fellow - Graphics/Digital Data Interchange
Boeing Commercial Airplane
206.544.3560, fax 206.662.3734  <-- NEW NUMBERS
david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Benoit Bezaire [mailto:benoit@itedo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 7:25 AM
To: CGM Open WebCGM TC
Subject: Re[2]: [cgmo-webcgm] Issue CL-d5: 2.3.2 WebCGM defined group
types

I favor b)

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be protected by
legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that
any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any
attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and delete
this copy from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

> [2 of 2]

> At 04:32 PM 5/2/2006 -0700, Cruikshank, David W wrote:
>>  Confirm your agreement with Ben's assessment of this issue.

> I agree with most of what Benoit says.  Exception:  "Either we have
> duplicate information (that's my opinion, I think 2.3.2 is saying too
> much) and/or we should like from 2.3.2 to the _real_ definition of all
these APS".

> Our original motivation with Ch.2, which is labelled as informative or

> non-normative, is to give a quickly readable understanding of what
> WebCGM is about.  As I read 2.3.2, I doubt that we could have much
> less detail and still give any inkling of the purpose of the various
> defined objects -- there is only a single sentence per APS type.  I
> don't mind if we have more obvious links to the individual normative
> sections in Ch.3 (there is only a single "This section is informative"
at the start of Ch.2).

> What does the TC want?

> a.) rewrite for less detail
> b.) add links to Ch.3 on a subsection or object basis
> c.) do nothing
> d.) other

> I guess I favor #b or #c.

> -Lofton.

>>Technical Fellow - Graphics/Digital Data Interchange Boeing Commercial

>>Airplane 206.544.3560, fax 206.662.3734  <-- NEW NUMBERS
>>david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com

T.19.6).