Subject: namespace, sys. identifier, etc

Reference:
http://www.w3.org/Submission/2006/SUBM-WebCGM20-20060313/WebCGM20-XCF.html#namespace

Question:  should any of this stuff in 4.2.3 be different in a W3C version
of the standard?

My initial inclination is "no".  For example, if there is one and only one
XCF syntax (which we clearly desire), then I don't think we want two
different, equivalent XCF namespace URIs, do we?  The namespace URI doesn't
dereference to anything normative (but rather to a little user-friendly
placeholder explanation).

But in that same section, the System Identifier,
http://docs.oasis-open.org/webcgm/v2.0/webcgm20.dtd , does dereference to
the normative DTD.

On the premise that we don't want equivalent but different
OASIS-compliant-XCFs and W3C-compliant-XCFs, I think both versions need to
say the same thing here.  It does bring up an interesting logistical detail
-- when W3C changes webcgm20.dtd during the W3C development cycle, it needs
to be updated simultaneously in OASIS web space.

Thoughts?

I came upon this, because I'm preparing the proposed-changes.html (TC to
WG) document that we discussed yesterday, and actually trying out the
recommended edits simultaneously, as a sanity check.

I'm thinking that we should ask Chris about it also, as he has some direct
experience with cross-organization standards (W3C & ISO on PNG).