Subject: re[4]: [cgmo-webcgm] Visibilty & Interactivity defaults

Benoit,

  > Hi Don,

  > From section 3.2.2.9 Visibility and 3.2.2.10 Interactivity, both
  > attributes seem to have an Initial value of: on.

  > So the above, for a WebCGM renderer should be sufficient.

That's is clear.

  > For a DOM implementation, getAppStructureAttr() says:
  > returns [...] the Application Structure attribute value as a string,
  > or the empty string if that attribute does not have an explicitly set
  > value [...]

So if the CGM does an APS ATTRIBUTE of type "visibility" then
a getAppStructureAttr("visibility") on that APS would return
empty string, correct?

  > If the tests don't match the specification, then we need to figure out
  > which one is wrong and fix it.

The AppStructure-interactivity test is the one giving me trouble.
Here is the confusing html code:

      var gr = cgmPic.getAppStructureById("plane");
      var gr2 = cgmPic.getAppStructureById("plane_1");
      var i = gr.getAppStructureAttr("interactivity");
      var i2 = gr.getAppStructureAttr("interactivity"); // TBD: non-interactive
      if ( i == "on" && i2 == "on" )
         result.firstChild.nodeValue = "Passed!";
      else
         throw "wrong interactivity value";

Since the CGM does not contain an APS ATTRUBUTE of type "interactivity"
then I would expect the getAppStructureAttr("interactivity") to return an
empty string. But as you can see from the above code it is expecting "on".

Is this test incorrect?

Don.