Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] Fwd: RE: script types...

To finish this conversation, per this morning's telecon...

All of the executable examples in Ch.5 use text/ecmascript, except 5.2.5
which used application/ecmascript.  None used language="JavaScript".

5.2.5 appears to work in IE.  That is because the underlying code in the
linked ex_Picture.html actually has text/ecmascript.  Only the code listing
in the HTML text of the spec has application/ecmascript (obviously an
editor's oversight from the past, when the underlying code was corrected so
that it would work.)

I tested:  changed underlying code to application/ecmascript, and indeed
the example failed to execute correctly in IE.  So I changed it back, and
will "proposed change" to the code listing in the EXAMPLE block of 5.2.5.

CONCLUSION (empirical):  all examples and all test cases should use
text/ecmascript.

-Lofton.