Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] Highlight test

My opinion:  the behaviors should be as you specify, and "yes", in Step 2 C
and D should no longer be highlighted.

If "highlight" were a Style Property, then that would definitely happen,
according to the SP rules in 5.7.5 and the SP inheritance definitions in 5.4.

But highlight() is a method, that can be applied to a collection of nodes
(instead of just one at a time like setStyleProperty).  I have always
assumed it behaved like a Style Property, but I can't find where it
actually says that in the spec.  I would think some pretty bizarre things
would happen if highlight() did not inherit like a SP.

Does anyone think that highlight() doesn't behave as if it were a SP that
is applied to a list of nodes instead of just one node at a time?

-Lofton.