Subject: updated test suite ZIP available

WebCGM TC --

[1] http://docs.oasis-open.org/webcgm/test-materials/webcgm20ts/webcgm20-ts-index.html

There is a new "release" version of the test suite.  What I have done is to synchronize the contents of the FTP site and the publicly available ZIP file (at [1]).  Attached you will find a record of the 17 discrepancies I found and how they were resolved.   (For example, several .CGMs in the ZIP were actually CTX files.)

At this moment, the ZIP and the FTP should agree.  CAVEAT, however ... as further development occurs the FTP site will start to differ.  For example Stuart is about to modify the comment blocks of HTML files, to embed the test metadata.

Present Status:  we are still awaiting 2-3 tests from Dave and Stuart.  Stuart is starting to integrate the metadata comment blocks.  We will have to fix the release number in several tests from 0.9 to 1.0.  Otherwise, the ZIP is complete and correct.  I.e., other than correcting labels and embedding metadata, this (ZIP) contains a complete and correct 2.0 test suite now.  ("Complete" in the sense that it contains what we intend for now, except for the 2-3 pending tests.)

Btw, I quoted "release", because 1.0 (instead of 0.9) is our real release target.  But what we have now, except for above-noted cosmetic details, suffices (IMO) to meet our obligations and requirements for W3C Last Call support.

FINALLY, a request.  Most of the 17 discrepancies are because the FTP site was updated and I missed downloading the new ones.  I suspect most of those are because the file was updated by someone without notification email to the TC.  Please remember to send a message to the TC if you update the FTP!!!

Any questions or comments?

                            c:\temp\desktop : c:\temp\ftp

      7   .\appstructure-layerdesc.cgm       different (c:\temp\ftp is more rece

Action:  Copied the CGM from FTP to desktop-ZIP.  (The ZIP contained Clear
Text instead of binary.  FTP had more recent date.)

      10   .\appstructure-layername.cgm       different (c:\temp\ftp is more rece

Action:  Copied the CGM from FTP to desktop-ZIP.  (The ZIP contained Clear
Text instead of binary.  FTP had more recent date.)

      14   .\appstructure-linkuri.htm         different (c:\temp\ftp is more rece

Action:  Copied the HTM from FTP to desktop-ZIP.  (FTP had more recent
date, by two months.  FTP appeared to have new utility functions, etc.)

      17   .\appstructure-name.htm            different (c:\temp\ftp is more rece

Action:  Copied the HTM from FTP to desktop-ZIP.  (FTP had more recent
date.  FTP removed the illegal modification actions on 'name', which is
a read-only ApsAttr.)

      28   .\appstructure-visibility.cgm      different (c:\temp\ftp is more rece

Action:  Copied the CGM from FTP to desktop-ZIP.  (The ZIP contained Clear
Text instead of binary.  FTP had more recent date.  Note framing problem
in both versions, relative to the PNG reference image [view the .HTM to
see it clearly].)

      29   .\appstructure-visibility.htm      different (c:\temp\desktop is more

Action:  Copied the desktop-ZIP .HTM to FTP.  (The files were indentical
except for more readable formatting of the <table>.)

      37   .\gr-interactivity.cgm             different (c:\temp\ftp is more rece

Action:  Copied the CGM from FTP to desktop-ZIP.  (The ZIP contained Clear
Text instead of binary.  FTP had more recent date.)

      49   .\node-aps.xml                     different (c:\temp\ftp is more rece

Action:  Copied the XML from FTP to desktop-ZIP.  (FTP had more recent
date.  FTP appeared to have improved namespace declarations(s).)

Question:  is filename="node-metadata.cgm" correct?

      53   .\node-attr.xml                    different (c:\temp\ftp is more rece

Action:  Copied the XML from FTP to desktop-ZIP.  (FTP had more recent
date.  FTP appeared to have improved namespace declarations(s).)

Question:  is filename="node-metadata.cgm" correct?

      61   .\node-ns.xml                      different (c:\temp\ftp is more rece

Action:  Copied the XML from FTP to desktop-ZIP.  (FTP had more recent
date.  FTP appeared to have improved namespace declarations(s).)

      65   .\node-pict.xml                    different (c:\temp\ftp is more rece

Action:  Copied the XML from FTP to desktop-ZIP.  (FTP had more recent
date.  FTP appeared to have improved namespace declarations(s).)

      73   .\nubs01.cgm                       different (c:\temp\desktop is more

Action:  Copied the CGM from desktop-ZIP to FTP.  (The ZIP had more
recent date by 6 months, any other differences not apparent.)

      92   .\styleproperties-aps.htm          different (c:\temp\ftp is more rece

Action:  Copied the HTM from FTP to desktop-ZIP.  (FTP had more recent
date, and had more recent revision comments from Stuart.)

      95   .\styleproperties-picture.htm      different (c:\temp\ftp is more rece

Action:  Copied the HTM from FTP to desktop-ZIP.  (FTP had more recent
date, and had more recent revision comments from Stuart.)

      98   .\styleproperty-inherit.htm        different (c:\temp\ftp is more rece

Action:  Copied the HTM from FTP to desktop-ZIP.  (FTP had more recent
date, and had more recent revision comments from Stuart.)

     110  .\utf16-japanese-v10.htm           different (c:\temp\desktop is more

Action:  Copied the HTM from desktop-ZIP to FTP.  (Desktop-ZIP had more recent
date, and had more recent revisions by Lofton.)

     125  .\webcgm_event.htm                 different (c:\temp\ftp is more rece

Action:  Copied the HTM from FTP to desktop-ZIP.  (FTP had more recent
date, and a single difference being an extra comment by 'rb'.)

                                                                     Page 3 of 3