Subject: colrmd01, colrmd02 tests corrected on FTP

I agree with Forrest and Benoit about the wrong images COLRMD01.png and
COLRMD02.png.  For now, I have taken the most expedient solution, and
uploaded these corrected images to FTP:

COLRMD01.PNG
COLRMD02.PNG

Please fetch these files to update your test suite.

However, consider this further... I think that the test file itself, the
COLRMD01.cgm, is not as intended.  Look at the analysis below, at the two
places marked with ***.  I think there was an attempt to define the text
color to index 6 (black), and the edge color to index 3 (red) for the
second (indexed) part of the test.  But because the commands were put in
the wrong place, they came up as direct 3-tuples (almost black).

[How?  Some of these tests were written by an assistant, many years ago
(ATA vintage), based on conceptual directions from me, using our MetaWiz
program.  The result exactly matches telling MW to set text color to 6 too
soon, while the CGM is still in direct mode.]

Question.  How about if I update the cgm as well, so that the green
rectangle has a red edge and the text color is black (on principle, the
legend *never* participates in the feature under test)?  Then I'd update
both the cgm and the png on FTP.  (The update would basically involve
moving the two *** commands down to the right place).

Thoughts?

-Lofton.

COLRMD01.cgm analysis
=====
default lci, fci, tci, eci:  1
default lcd, fcd, tcd, ecd:  "foreground" (black for all viewers tested)
-----
At BPB, the color table is:
0: (255,255,255) white
1: (255,255,0) yellow
2: (255,0,255) magenta
3: (255,0,0) red
4: (0,255,255) cyan
5: (0,0,0) black
6: (0,255,0) green
7: (0,0,255) blue

At BPB, the color mode is 'direct'

set lcd (255,255,0) yellow
set tcd (6,0,0) black almost  ***
set fcd (255,0,255) magenta
set ecd (3,0,0) black almost  ***

draw rectangle:  fill is magenta, no edge (default edgevis 'off')
draw fat vertical polyline:  yellow

set color selection mode 'indexed'

set lci 5 (black)
draw indexed cell array
draw polyline border around it (black)
set fci 6 (green)
set edge vis 'on'
draw rectangle:  fill is green, edge is [default] lci 1 (yellow)

draw & write legend block:  line color is lci 5 (black), text color is
[default] lci 1 (yellow)