Subject: miter limit [ALERT: SUSPECT ATTACHMENT (mitrlm01.sdi.png)]

All,

After digging into this, I believe the Widows GDI and postscript are the same when the values for miter limit are actually set in the postscript file and set in the GDI rendering. The reason we were not drawing the correct 170 join under the default setting was we were not actually setting the miter value in the GDI. It turns out the default value for miter limit in GDI is 10 and the default value for miter limit in postscript is 14. A value of 10 will result in a join bevel at 170 and a value of 14 will result in a miter join at 170. If implementers set the value for miter limit in the GDI code the result will be correct. The current default for miter limit in CGM is 32767. If we can change this to match the postscript value of 14 we should. High values of miter limit can result in spikes all over the place in some CGM files. I have attached a PNG file we generated from our implementation.

Regards,

Forrest

mitrlm01.sdi.TxT