Subject: RE: an ISO 8632 defect report?

WebCGM TC --

Following up on my action item, I have checked with Dick Puk, Convenor of
SC24/WG6, about a defect report on CGM V4.

It looks encouraging.  Best case, it could be finished by mid-July.  Worst
case, early October.  Actually, I guess the real worst case is
"never".  But I have trouble anticipating serious objections, if it is
persuasively presented...

CGM allows text attributes to change in TOS (Text Open State), e.g., to
emphasize parts of a substring by style changes.  It makes perfect sense
that Beg/End APS should also be allowed, to attach non-graphical metadata
to those substrings.  After all, if one is changing the graphical
appearance of a substring, it is probably because of some associated
non-graphical significance or meaning, right?

I'll prepare a candidate defect report and fly it by the TC for review and
comment.