Subject: AW: [cgmo-webcgm] Groups - WebCGM TC telecon minutes 20070620 (20070620_WebCGM_TC_Telecon_minutes.doc) uploaded

Lofton,

DOM driven animation would not yield the required results.
To obtain a smooth animation you have to render at least 20 to
25 frames per second. IMO, this is very difficult using a JSCRIPT
on an HTML page making DOM calls.

I don't see the necessity of having a scripting language internal
to the CGM file. Declarations would be sufficient.

Anyway, this is not the point of discussion now. I support animation,
however, I warn other implementors that this will require
- a major rewrite of your rendering engine
- the introduction of timelines and time calculations
- fast and high quality rendering
- weird stuff if you want to support transparency during animation
- a whole lot of authoring functions to allow for creation
  of animation steps

Unless we see serious interest and commitment from other vendors,
we would suggest not to tackle this big animal. If others want to
jump in, we'd be happy to share our experiences and help to drive
this.

Regards,
Dieter