Subject: more about sub-string hotspots

One further comment.  I have thought more about this (from minutes)...

[[[
Discussion:  [...]  This only works easily with grobjects.  Things would
have to be carefully implemented due to model of para/subpara.
]]]

Assuming the ISO defect correction, this would be currently legal according
to 2.0 (I think!!! I haven't yet found anything in 2.0 to prohibit it, but
haven't looked carefully enough yet):

BegAPS 'grobject'
   RT x,y extent notfinal substring
   BegAPS 'grobject'
     ApsAttr 'linkuri'
      AT notfinal substring
   EndAPS
   AT final substring
EndAPS

And this bould be 2.0-legal:

BegAPS 'para' content="whole big string"
   RT x,y extent notfinal "whole "
   BegAPS 'subpara' content="big"
     ApsAttr 'linkuri'
      AT notfinal "big"
   EndAPS
   AT final " string"
EndAPS

And one could have a 'grobject' on the outside with a 'para' on the
inside.  But ... you can't have a 'grobject' outside and 'subpara'
inside.  And can't have 'content' on 'grobject'.