Subject: about transform [was RE: [cgmo-webcgm] Groups - Proposed WebCGM 2.1 ...]

Hi Benoit,

One question about your comments, and a question to everyone at Seattle...

At 10:25 AM 9/4/2007 -0400, Bezaire, Benoit wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I will be on the call tomorrow. Dieter will try to attend but his
>schedule may prevent him from doing so.
>
>Here's our position on the 2.1 requirements:
>- substring hotspots: ok.
>- text search: ok for example; we think the general text search
>functionality should be a viewer feature as oppose to a DOM interface.
>i.e., why should a user have to write javascript to search for text in a
>CGM file?
>- animation:
>  1) we do not see our dev team implementing a transform interface, we
>think it will result in a bad user experience.

I'm curious whether you ever managed to arrange to see the demo that Molly
and Larry showed us in Seattle?

I'd like to hear from the other attendees, but I got the impression that
everyone thought availability of transform (at least as a Style Property)
would be useful to them in implementing their "discount animation" more
efficiently than they presently are able.

Comments?  (Everyone!)