Subject: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] Straw horse application structures

Stuart has reminded me that I took the AI to send some URIs.  He already
did so,

At 03:37 PM 10/10/2007 -0700, Galt, Stuart A wrote:
>[...]
>[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/animate.html
>[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/smil-animation/

but it might still be useful to update and expand a little.  In particular,
the current SMIL Rec is 2.1, and I have been reading the current (CR-ish)
SVG Mobile 1.2 spec, although the basic concepts in 1.2 Tiny read a lot
like 1.1:

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/animate.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-SMIL2-20051213/

Looking at SMIL, it was most useful for me to read about the Animation
Model [3] and the Basic Animation Module [4].  But to understand those, you
need to understand SMIL timing and the various timing modules [5].  In
particular look at (or even start with) the definition of the
BasicInlineTiming Module [6] -- that is pretty much the rock-bottom minimum
in SMIL, and would be a candidate for a WebCGM minimum, and in any case it
will show you how little of [5] you really need to understand at the
minimum level.

[3]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-SMIL2-20051213/animation.html#animationNS-AnimationSandwichModel
[4]