Subject: Agenda request -- summary of 2.1 decisions

This is actually an Agenda Request, for today (10/17) and next week
(10/24):  can the TC reach and document some endorsement about the
requirements list and potential content of 2.1, at some appropriate level
of generality?

The minutes said:  "WebCGM 2.1 decisions ... Lofton will put out a brief
summary of requirements to facilitate discussions in the W3C WebCGM WG."

I did that, as a brief summary list of probably 2.1 items:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200710/msg00056.html

I'll abbreviate and paraphrase it here:

[[[
Potential WebCGM 2.1 content:

1.) substring hotspots (enabled by ISO defect correction.)
2.) text search:  no new functionality, but examples/tutorial in 2.1 spec.
3.) regex APS addressing:  via regex in 'apsid' and/or 'name'.
4.) more DOM/XCF Style Properties:  pan-zoom, more [line-type and
fill attributes.]
5.) transform as DOM/XCF Style Property and/or new APS Attribute.
6.) declarative animation: probably beyond 2.1, but [...] study to continue.
7.) font interchange:  e.g., a font-substitution file [...]
8.) default Styling Properties: something like a preferences file [...]
9.) z-compression:  gzip compression of whole file as .cgmz.
10.) clarify interaction/prioritization of various transparency
functionalities.
11.) get object extents:  utility function for DOM programmers.
12.) redraw control:  when DOM-specified changes happen [...]
]]]

We (TC+WG members) asserted to the WG that we have some level of agreement
-- i.e., agreement that a 2.1-level requirement exists -- for all items
except possibly #6.  We told the WG that we expected to firm this up in the
TC within a couple weeks, sufficient for the WG to start working on a
re-charter.  That couple weeks is up on 10/24.

Looking here,
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/25730/WebCGM_21_list_r5.html
,
I don't yet see any explicit indication -- neither for the list as a whole
nor for any individual item -- of whether the TC has endorsed it as a 2.1
requirement (with exact details maybe still to be sorted out).

REQUEST.  Can we now make such a provisional endorsement for each item
(except possibly #6), with the understanding that the precise details of
each item are perhaps still subject to sorting out?

-Lofton.